Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time to give thanks


Thanksgiving......I love this time of year. One of my favorite things about this holiday is that I always take time to stop and think about all the many blessings I have in my life. My dear husband, family, so many real friends, a job that I love, my health, I never go hungry, a warm comfortable bed,all of my senses.....and the list goes on and on. I would encourage all of you to take time during your Thanksgiving meal to count your blessing.

Start by listing your own gratitude's to get your guests thinking about what theirs are.
This string of blessings can be used as part of your centerpiece on table.


Create cards for your guests to use. Encourage them to hang them up where they can see them everyday.


Personalize by adding name tags next to each table setting.

Paint gourds or pumpkins any color to match your table settings. Or go au naturel.




A little whimsy for the kids, oh yes for the adults too.

Giving thanks always changes the heart and refuel passion for life.

Photo by Jennifer Davick,
Southern Living

No comments:

Post a Comment